Learn the art of AUDITIONING:
Auditions are CRITICAL to attaining the next step.
You only get one chance to impress an audition panel.
PRIVATE Audition Prep Sessions for DRAMA, VOICE, DANCE, OR MUSICAL THEATRE: available annually in Dec, Jan, Feb and March.
|Ovation! has successfully trained and placed students at the various Arts High Schools in York Region and the GTA, as well as some of Canada’s finest university and college arts programs – including U of T, York U, Concordia U, Sheridan College, Ryerson U, Randolph Academy, George Brown College, and the National Theatre School.|
Let us help you give it your best shot.
"I got into Concordia! The audition process was grueling…two days of workshops and call backs narrowing it down from 250 to 48 candidates - by the end of it I was physically and emotionally drained but excited to be part of it. I was so fortunate that the prep time spent with Jeff helped my monologue and audition rise above the rest…thank you again for all your support!"
For students auditioning for Arts High Schools or College/University programs.
Joey: "Well, I'm sorry if I'm not a middle-aged black woman. And I'm also sorry if sometimes I go to the wrong audition.” ...FRIENDS (NBC)
"When you go to meetings or auditions and you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
It is simple but true." ....Paula AbdulHere's how it works:
- You can book private Audition Prep Sessions with Jeff Young, Cheryl Cline, Kate Knox, or Daniel Abrahamson. Dates will be planned as requests come in.
- We suggest you book a minimum of two, one-hour sessions and they should be 1 or 2 weeks apart. Two sessions allows you to do the preliminary work in the 1st session, getting direction from the instructor, which you can use while continuing work on your materials outside of the studio (developing your 'ownership' and comfort level with the materials). Then the 2nd session is about finalizing and polishing. (You can book additional sessions as required, depending on how many monologues, songs, dances, pieces you need to prepare).
- Some programs provide you with the specific materials they want you to prepare for their audition. Others ask you to bring in your own choice of material. If you have to choose your own, we can assist with material selection as well.
- You should have your materials memorized before you come in for your 1st session. If the memory work isn't done in advance, you'll be wasting your time!
- In your sessions, you'll work on developing the character/expression/technique; delivering a strong presentation; taking ownership of your work. You'll talk about the 'process' of auditioning; i.e., what to expect, how the day/session will generally run, decorum (how to present yourself well), and how to handle any workshopping or improv stuff they might give you on the spot, etc.
- Our goal is to help you help yourself to be as prepared as you can be.
- Interested? Contact us for more information and to book your sessions.
- Each 1-hr session is $60/hr+HST.
- Register early ~ timeslots are limited!
More Workshop Ideas:
~ the stuff you don't see every day!
- Head Shots & Resumes
- Acting for the Camera
- Stage Combat
- Music Composition
- Comedy ~ including Stand-up, Improv and Sketch
- Mic Technique
- Technical/Production for Performers
- The Art of Performance for NON-Performers!
- and more!
Stephanie Gorin (a colleague of Bonnie's) has been casting talent for Canadian film, tv, and stage for over 20 years. Her web-series called 'THE CASTING ROOM'
, gives pointers, in a humorous light, to actors to assist with their film and tv auditions. You'll recognize some wonderful Canadian performers on the series including Eric Peterson, Jayne Eastwood, Scott Thompson, and Colin Mochrie. Enjoy the laughs and the 'lessons'!